Sunday, October 5, 2014

Peach Pie - Week 38



My personal favorite is the Peach Pie.


I had to wait until the year was underway to make my favorite pie to take advantage of the fresh peaches that abound in the stores in early fall.  Its simple sweet taste with cinnamon and nutmeg in a flaky crust makes it irresistible.  I enjoy this pie warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 





Ingredients:

1 Pie pastry – double crust
5 cups peaches, peeled, sliced
2 T. lemon juice
½ c. flour
1 c. sugar
½ t. cinnamon
¼ t. nutmeg
½ t. salt



Directions:

Place the sliced peaches in a large bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice.


In a separate bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour mixture gently over peaches and mix gently.

Pour into crust.

Cover with top crust, and cut several slits in the top crust to vent stem.

Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.

Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 additional minutes or until juices begin to bubble through vents.


Now that I shared my favorite, what is your favorite pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment