Sunday, April 27, 2014

Grandma's Hershey Chocolate Pie - Week 16

Grandmas always makes the best food!

This recipe came from my husband's family recipes. Unfortunately, I never had a chance to eat this particular dish from his Grandma. However, I will never forget her barbecue chicken, homemade ice cream and her endless supply of treats. 

Believe it or not, years before I met my husband, I actually visited her home as a child with my family and remember that she had treats ready to welcome her guests.  She made hot cocoa that was so thick and rich that you could imagine that the spoon could stand up on its own.

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker crust
4.5 oz Hershey chocolate bar
1/3 cup milk
20 large marshmallows
1 cup whipping cream
3 T. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla











Chocolate!!
Directions:
Melt chocolate, milk, and marshmallows over medium heat. Spread over crust, and cool. Whip whipping cream until soft peaks. Whip powdered sugar and vanilla in the whipped cream. Spread over chocolate filling. Refrigerate until serving.






Whipping Cream!







I hope you enjoy this rich chocolatey dessert that only could come out of a grandma's recipe box.

No comments:

Post a Comment