Sunday, March 30, 2014

Millionaire Pie - Week 13

 This rich, creamy dessert stands up to its name.

I love food names that sensationalizes the food item. Some other things that came to mind: Neiman Marcus Dip, Ultimate Dessert, Best Ever Corn Casserole, or Angel Food Cake.  When I was first married, I tried a "Champion Casserole".  I must have misread something in the directions because there was nothing champion or winning about it. We had a good laugh when we were trying to eat it and I exclaimed that "I figured it had to be good, it is a CHAMPION casserole!"



This is another easy as pie recipe. It will take you minutes to get it in your freezer to have ready for your next meal.  The recipe calls for it to be chilled, but I placed mine in the freezer and then took it out 30 minutes before serving.

One of the treats that I discovered while I was shopping for ingredients is the large jar of maraschino cherries.  I am anxious to find more recipes to use my entire jar, maybe a pineapple upside-down cake.

The coconut is optional, however it adds the perfect texture for this pie; so I highly recommend it. Pecans are optional too; I did not use them, but I know you nut-lovers will want to add them to yours.









Ingredients:

2 graham cracker crusts

1 - 15 oz. can Mandarin Oranges, drained
1 - 20 oz. can Crushed Pineapple, drained
1/2 cup Maraschino Cherries, chopped
1 - 14 oz. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 - 8 oz. container whipped topping
1 cup coconut flakes, optional
1 cup chopped pecans, optional








Directions:
Mix all ingredients and pour into pie crusts. Chill for a couple of hours and serve.





This pie would be an enjoyable addition to Easter dinner.




I also think this pie recipe is another great candidate for substitutions. 
I would love to try it with peaches and pineapple. 
What do you think would taste splendid in your Millionaire Pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment